Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Thanks for Mum's

Happy Valentine's Day.
Even though it is a bunch of shite promoted by Hallmark and the likes it is still great to know someone loves you even if it is only your Mother!
I have just been on the phone to my dear Mother in San Francisco and thanked her for the wonderful package of gifts she had so kindly sent for me. Bless.
I recieved all the things a girl requires on this the day of pampering, hugs and love.
  • A lovely 'Daughter' card.
  • A tiny metal box containing 4 gorgeous chocs
  • 3 Hello Kitty lip glosses in assorted flavours
  • Hello Kitty knickers
  • 2 pairs of love heart socks (one for trainers and one for boots)
  • 2 pairs of tights - mad big holed orange fishnets and pink and red patterned
  • Posh night cream ( redirected from my own medicine cabinet in SF - you know the one I will probably never have access to again due to my terrorist status!)
  • Make-up bag
  • 2 hair bobbles
  • My much missed camera charger - which is in action now - ready for me to try and download my Vancouver pictures
  • FINALLY 2 bras - 38D from my appartment in the city - which are not mine - but came from my wardrobe (Whos are they I wonder? - straight in bin I must add - What do you think I could fit my melons in them? Still 34 DD actually even though I am a size 10, for the 1st time since I was 13 - hey UK 10 = USA 7 ish)

Mum also sent me my mail which has been sent from my old home in London, to my Grandma's in Yorkshire, to my mother's in San Francisco to ma casa en Barcelona. It seems that my mail follows a similar journey plan as it's recipient. Mental to think that a few credit card statements, reminders to pay off Student Loans and a reminder that a library book was due back in October (not in my hands, I took it out for an aquaintence) have travelled at least 13,000 miles to get to me.

I must moan now and tell my Grandma to stop opening my mail then sending it to the USA for me. I like opening my own mail thanks very much - now half of the modern world know the ins and outs of my finances.

Anyway it is the day of St Valentine - who the heck is that by the way? Anyone know? Anyone bothered? Anyone arguing right now because their boyfriend did not get chocs, flowers, teddys or engagement rings?

I am going out tonight with a Scouse girl from my Spanish class and her Scouse mate, so what ever happens on this day of love, even though I am not with mine I will have a laugh, probably get hammered and wish I had never bothered when I get to school after only 3 hours sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooorrrr bless your mum, how is she anyway and hows little jim bob? So where in the world are you now (or am I not keeping up?)
Got a massive bunch of fleurs delivered to work yesterday from Greggers the old romantic. Tryin to get mi head round this blogging lark, seems good though but I think I keep commenting on really old post's. Anyway, the Greggers and I are off t'Egypt in June cant wait should be nice and warm although I am hoping I come back brown rather than an extra from a Tango ad! Still havent booked the wedding but we are planning for next year and are looking at Greece..

Take care hunny and hope to speak to you soon
lol
nx