Monday, May 15, 2006

I Am Alive

Well, well, well. I finally have the time and inclination to get back on track with my blog. As you can imagine a whole month in San Francisco can conjure up many a funny tale, in fact I am not sure where to begin.
First things first. I would like to public shame the bloke who thought he'd captured my heart and tell you what a complete wanker he turned out to be. The man from the internet who wanted to meet my Grandparents in the UK and even mentioned a trip to see me in Barcelona on more than one occasion turned out to be a Billy Bullshitter and he is no more. I would tell you more on this but I'd have to kill you. Let's just say his Government job made it difficult to call me and pamper me with the basic things in life you know like taking me out (for a start) and returning my calls and texts more than once a week. His job also was against my moral standings and it was probably for my own good that he turned out to be a flake.
Anyway, that's that over and done with and I am having a lot more fun now I seem to have shaken that little affair off my shoulders. Talking of which mine are killing me, not only due to the fact I drove for 3 hours with the sun roof open, no sun cream in 90 degree heat but also because I have just spent a fantastic weekend north of Sacramento at the American River, camping and the shoulder killing rafting. It was a 'level 3 plus' sort of a weekend on the river, which to those of you who have had the pleasure of white water rafting will know it's not for pussies, but not for the complete adrenalin freak either. The most balls needed for the weekend was the fact I had met my camping (in a 10 man tent - together - boys and girls) buddies on line at a Yahoo SF New Comers site. The trip organiser Spencer was almost too good at getting 8 complete strangers to entrust each other with their lives, well that may be a bit melodramatic, actually it isn't 'cause if we did not row together as a team no doubt we'd have been rafting round in circles all day Saturday.
It was an added bonus Spencer is in the wine business, which is a very serious occupation in these parts. I must admit I have not touched a drop of European wine since I landed in San Francisco, one doesn't need to as Napa and Sonoma are so close to the Bay Area in fact they are in the Bay Area. Anyway I managed to help polish a case (12 bottles) off over the weekend. With a little help from my 'new' friends.
I have pictures but have been a little busy to down load them, and to be totally honest (could I be 'owt else?) , I have not figured out how to download recent pictures only without having to duplicate the ones I have already got on the PC - No wonder this bloody thing keeps freezing, my camera's carrying 500 pics at the minute, too much memory munching if you ask me.
As usual I digress (God, have I missed writing this ;-) ). Oh yeah rafting - rhymes with shafting, which is apt since the American River was the place where the Gold Rush started in 1849 - Hence the San Francisco 49'ers football team's name. See, I am not just here getting hammered, dancing, smoking and sunbathing - A little history never hurt anyone, and you should be thankful I am here finding all of this out for you. Most of my readers are living in the UK and I just know you are pleased to sacrifice your 2 days of sun to come home from work, read this and appreciate all the new stuff I am teaching you! That sentence does not make sense after reading it back, but I know what I am on about, and frankly I am too tired from drinking copious amounts of wine, breakdancing round the campfire and rowing like my life depended on it to give a crap and amend. Feel free to make a comment.
I was gonna write a list of activities I have done in the past 6 weeks (on Thursday) that I have been here, but I forgot my diary today and I am just about to cadge a lift from my Step Dad to his house for tea with Mummy and her 2 mates who have just landed from the UK, Terry and Barry - Classic comedy value names don't you agree? I will however pass on my goings one, and also observations from traipsing round the city on busses and trains.
Have you ever seen a guy injecting heroin outside your front door when you get home from work? Have you ever seen someone clipping their finger nails on a public bus? Have you seen a man cleaning his ears out with a cotton bud on the same public bus as the random nail clipperrer? Well, I have - so even though the sun is cracking the flags, life isn't all a bed of roses. The heroin addict has moved a few doors down since I called the cops on him twice. See not all San Franciscans are selfish druggies with no consideration for others - I just wish he'd take his needles home with him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what the hell do you do for money, and why didnt you offer it when you were in the UK!!! hello from Rob and Keith