Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas Shopping. Again!

Why did I call my step dad and ask if he needed anything from Macey's?
I have now only 5 more pressys to buy. For five lads between 15 and 27 years old. So a trip to the city centre tomorrow night after work will mean fighting my way through yet another throng of shopping crazed folk. San Francisco is mental right now.
Usually one can stroll around the big department stores with not a care in the world. The occasional make up clad lady will approach you with a stick of paper smelling of the latest movie star's perfume. You can freely browse the rails of clothes, seeing if they fit by holding it up under your chin while looking in the mirror. The cafe is the busiest place in there. They do a wicked bread bowl with soup of the day, and always chowder and tomatoe.
But tonight it was a different story. Macey's shop floor was a free for all, full throttle, maxed out battle field. The make up glad, immaculatley dressed boys from the cosmetics department were hauling themselves at you like a misfired cruise missile. Dodging these f***ers was a chore in itself. And becoming a chore is what Christmas shopping was for me this evening. The drizzle did not help.
I was however pleased with my choice of venue for dinner. Sear's. I had fish and chips. Lovely. The chips were french fries or freedom fries as they liked to say when France chickened out of the war effort. There was enough as always to take in a kitty bag. Fat Cat and retardo now love their new mummy!
This was written last night - Now I am publishing it I may as well be walking over burning coals then jumping into a vat of acid. Yeah folks you have guessed - I am back shopping tonight. The only difference tonight is that it is torrential rain as opposed. A list of gifts will be written tonight, just so you know which shops to avoid!
Late x
P.S.Who ever said cut and paste a word doc once spell checked it talking outta their ass (CJ) it does not work.
P.P.S. Please read my Beautiful post just so you can reinforce your views of me. I have been a bit grumpy of late. Soz.

No comments: