Monday, March 13, 2006

Beautiful Snowy Pictures
























As you can see the snow has fallen in Keighley. The first picture is of Hawkstone Towers, now a private house but up until recently a home for the elderly. In fact it is where my Great Grandma Edith Steele died aged 100 years 9 months. This picture was taken about 30 minutes after the snow fall started, and I took it stood on the back step of my Grandma's house. I was unlucky to miss the tractor driving past, but still think that it makes a good contrast being so brightly painted.

The second and third pictures are Cliffe Castle. A museum and gardens just 5 mins down the road from where I am right now. I love the blossom trees with the snow clinging to the branches, it will be interesting to see what they will look like with their pink fluffy blossoms adorning each branch.

The snow cleared after 3 days, however this weekend saw a blanket of white, crisp snow. It was lovely to walk in Baildon and see the fields bleached with the 4 inch coverage of the white stuff. Very refreshing to wander the fields, streams and stys, especially after a bottle of wine!

Even though I am not really supposed to be where I am right now, at least I am somewhere that inspires me to get out and snap away!

No comments: