Friday, January 07, 2005

ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE

Yippee I have spent my 1st day on the beach. I am already blacker than a stick of liquorice. I refuse to wear my bikini like the locals - They seem to have very hungry bottoms and because topless is forbidden the triangle-tops are as big as a ten bob bit!
It´s only been 31 degrees today and there has been some tropical rain- but that evaporates before it gets a chance to get one wet - so nothing like the British sludge I am used to.
Got in the best part of the city now- with our new found mafiosa contact Riccardo - He´s letting us have his appartment in the posh area of Ipanama which is not too different from Bond St London. Spotted a beauty diamond shop/cafe called H Sterne - Not to be confused with the great American shock Jock. So I reckon I will be crying over all the wonderful jewels I cannot afford tomorrow.
I am dying to get up Cristo statue - you know the one on top of the hill overlooking the city? I am feeling the Catholic in me reaching in that direction - maybe I need to say a few prayers to stop me getting sunstroke!
I must just add after a day on the beach I have NEVER seen so many gorgeous bodies belonging to both men and women. How packed? There are gyms on the beach and Volley ball and Footvolley seem to be the normal routine for the locals - even on their lunch box... I mean breaks!
No Brits though - not that I am complaining. After a few months in California I think I have had a lot of the British attitude knocked out of me. It is really refreshing to learn about new culturesand here they worship the sun and love to shake their booties. For those who know me will know that suits me right down to t´ ground.
They have mad restaurants called Killogramas where you select what you want from a massive buffet and then weigh the plate to determin the price. You´ve guessed it - I have eaten 2 tonne of lettuce!
Ok Back tomorrow - gotta make a call.
No comments on the spelling errors - I can not find spell check.

No comments: