Thursday, January 06, 2005

Rio De Jo Jo

Right I have been here since Tuesday and it´s been so hot that I have only just been acclimatized to this searing heat - It´s 85 all day and night - Not been attacked by any mossys yet however I am still using the stinky deet stuff the Dr recommended. Plus I got an amazing cadged which omits a piercing (to mossy ears only) sound which u switch on and pop nr the window. So please do~´t taint my British flesh. I know they can not wait to get their prongs into me!
For those who know me I am not a particularity good speller - and have not the time or inclination to do a spell check AND it´s in Portuguese on this web site so I have no clue how to do anything.
Copacabana Beach Rio is lovely - Yesterday Sarah (best mate from school) and her Spanish visitor Jose (don´t ask!) went up Sugar Loaf Mountain - about 500 ft (I think - sorry won´t be getting any Lonely Planet reward points for my accuracy). We went up on cable car then decided to walk half way back down - We were surrounded by jungle and weird jungly noises. Desperate to see a monkey we walked slowly, fell down quietly and watched patiently. Nada Monkeys. Except for my fantastic reenactment of a monkey; by placing a blade of grass between my thumbs and blowing, hard. Now that got Sarah and Jose in a state of panic. I had crept off in front and began to make screeching noises. I wish it was viable to carry a camera ´cause it was deffo a Kodak moment!
Ever seen the old Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan movies? Well eat your heart out Tarzan, Jozan the great mastered the art of swinging from those dangly long branches that hang down in all the right places. I had fun swinging about in the jungle and am planning a big jungle trip for next week.
I hate not being able to carry any valuables - Noone had handbags and you have to wear granny knickers to be able to conceal all the notes you need.
It´s really cheap - $2 for lunch, bargain. But I have not found anything resembling steak yet - I did eat some meat this arvo - But it could have been a homeless mans upper thigh for all I know. Tasty though!
I will be doing the blog thang as often as I can tear myself away from the beach. So KIT.
Late,
Jo xx

No comments: