Friday, January 28, 2005

www.skype.com

DEAR ALL YOU MUST LOG ONTO THE ABOVE SITE...
Basically since God decided to make all the angels cry at once I have been spending a lot of time in net cafes - it is cheap and keeps you dry - mind you I think I may have contracted scabies in this place as I have been itching since I got in - Anyway one good thing comes out off all this itching, rain and blogging - I was listening to a geeky guy in this cafe - he had headphones on - not unusual I know - I am usually donning a pair of sweaty God only knows how many scabby gits have worn ´em headphones myself. I could hear him talking to someone through his mike - I had to ask him what the score was and he showed me this site.
It is a FREE way of calling people from your PC - There is a spec regarding memory space and I think you need broadband, however if you log on and sign up and you want to talk to someone else who has registered it is free to call them!
Not only that, if you want to call someone who has not got it (there is a fee) but, if you have an account you pay as you go (ie put credit on your account with your credit card). You only have a price to pay for the country you are calling. Not the country you are calling from eg. If you are in Brazil - Oh lucky me I am, and if you wish to call the USA it is only 1 pence a minute! Which is the same as if you were in the USA calling the USA - and mobile rates are the same!
Get on the site to check it out at least.
I think I will be on it often as it is so hard to call people from this country, I have had full on fights with at least four phone boxes (well big blue pods) on the streets since I arrived. There is no such thing as an operator here and you can only get phone cards that last a second especially calling the UK.
I am finally getting into the technological world, it is weird really as we had just heard of email when I started uni back in 1994! My gosh I know how my gran must have felt when cars were invented - Soz gran I know you are not that old! I know she will be reading this as she is probably more advanced on a pc than me by now - I understand my grandad was having lessons from a very patient man just before Xmas - so he´s probably blogging grandma now!

No comments: