Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Not Beach Weather

Hi,
Even the hardiest of sun worshipers can not bask in the delights of the Brazilian sun today or yesterday - The temp dropped to 25 ish and we have had thunder storms the past 2 nights - However that did not put a holt on the fun frolics we have become so accustomed to creating.
Sarah and I bused it to an Amazonian Tribal Indian reenactment museum yesterday and had a laugh playing with feather head bands and mud huts - did not make any mud pies though - Too much to ask in broken Portuguese.
Then went to a museum which was the original home of Rui Barbosa - who was once exiled to the UK - there fore there was a lot of English antiquities - Anyway that was a tad boring compared to our little soiree we went on this arvo.
We went to H Stern museum of diamonds. After waiting outside for some handsome eligible to get down on one knee - to no avail - we braved the sales women of the store and tried on a few aquamarines and diamond rings - just for a laugh. Mind you Sarah seemed pretty interested - She must have a lot of cash stashed in her thong - I did wonder what the huge bulge in her pants was!
Talking of stashing cash - I have had to wear socks today as I had to make a withdrawal from my account before the mortgage co back in the UK ate up all my dough - so have taken to stashing it in my socks - I look like I have those stupid ankle weights on.
I also got fitted for a bra today - I have to tell you all as those who know me will be pissing them selves in disbelief - but I have no boobs - they have disintegrated - sweated away most likely - I am a medium - MEDIUM what the hell is that. Gutted to say the least - My pride and joys are no mas. None of my bras fit and I am now wearing a no wired child like bra top. Leanne....Don´t order me too much material for the brides maid dress I will be wearing in April.
I have shrunk in all departments - shame my hairy legs are still producing vast amounts of thick black hairs - wish the same was for my head - spotted 2 more grays this morning.
What is is with turning 30? I found gray hairs on my head - a black hair on my belly - boobs have shrunk and don´t have the taste for beer anymore.
I will be writing a whole chapter on this in a few days - I feel like that sap from Sex In The City writing about this but it is concerning me.
Oh Mum - thanks for the tip on dying my tash with bleach before I came away - Glad I did don't have time with all the frantic packing´cause you will be glad to hear that it´s now blonde from the sun.
In fact Mother where are your comments? - you obviously have stopped all the frantic worrying about me being in Brazil as I have not had a dicky bird from you. And when I did manage to call you from one of the million unreliable call boxes in this town - you asked if you could call me back ´cause you were cooking dinner!!!
Anyway - Life goes on I am off do have a drink now - It´s thirsty work being in these cafes for hours. Hope all is well in the land of Blighty i understand the sun has not been out for a few months. Never mind - Ihope my Blog can take you to warmer climes!
Peace and love (yeah right - party on)
Jo

No comments: