Tuesday, January 18, 2005

OK Keep Your Hairs On

All you Brits complaining on email about why I have not written for a while? I don´t know - Keep your hair on - Well - there´s no need for waxing in Winter is there girlies?
It´s hard in heaven getting up off my lazy bum and coming to these disease ridden net cafes to type a blog - I know I leave to gasping for more - but what can I say - Just hope you feel that way about my book - and snap up 10 copies each once it´s published - When ever that will be I do not know - The rate I am going a snail with dyslexia could do better!
Anyway - one word of advice to any 3rd world would-be travelers - Bring that liquid hand sanitizer with you - The things I have seen people doing on their keyboards in these cafes leaves absolutely nowt to the imagination - Most bars and resaurants have bins for loo used loo roll so you do not flush it away - Hummmm hope you are not reading this while eating your breakfast while pretending to do work at your desks!
The past few days have been a bit cloudy - Ah well, gave us an opportunity to look in all the wonderful shop - Unfortunately only Sarah could afford the dresses and jewels I kept admiring - In fact she has just come back from the jewelers with a beauty Blue Topaz ring - really snazzy and gorgeous. If only me the poor landscape gardener would have trimmed a few more bushes before I left blighty.
We were supposed to go up the Christo statue yesterday - but we were running around like flies of the blue assed variety trying to get Sarah a flight to Peru.
Oh - while I'm on that point - I am slowly reading (as not to finish my book too soon and have to depend on only News Week for English language stimulation) Che Guevara´s Motor Cycle Diaries - which is quite apt for Sarah - as she will be continuing her 6 month trip to Peru and Argentina after I depart back to the States on the 12th Feb. and that´´s where he is at present (in the book of course) freezing his Nads off up Mount Pitchy Pooh Pooh - that reminds me of my last Blog but I won´t elaborate - Oh - well, if I must...
Update on Loo Situation.
All good - after eating properly for the 1st time in 2 weeks - I will give you a quick run down..
Irish Breakfast in The Irish Bar of all places - this constituted of American bacon (yeah - poor substitute I know), butter beans in a weird home made sauce, fried egg, fried bread, sausage and fried tomatoes. cost 2.50 GBP
Then for dinner in Pedra Arde - fillet Mignon, jacket potato with lashings of sour cream, salad and a bloody Mary - cost 5.00 GBP.
So Russell - you were correct in your comments about too much water - juice and salad - I did not read your advice on not eating for 2 days and drinking Imodium - Not that I would have taken it anyway - I needed real food - Red meat and what ever it is they can have the balls to call what they squeeze into sausages these days.
Well, I am off now - to the centre of Rio - Ohhh scarey - our first time into the old cultural part of the city - If I never blog again - you know I have been ambushed al for the sake of my digi-camera.
I will be posting pics soon by the way - It takes lots of time and expert pc knowledge to do this- I have neither - So laters,
Jo

No comments: